The Benefits of Dead Sea Salt
Since ancient times, people have looked to Dead Sea salt for its beneficial health and therapeutic properties. It is a natural exfoliant, and it replenishes skin’s moisture and purifies the pores. Dead Sea salt is also known for soothing sore joints and muscles when used as a bath soak.
The Dead Sea is a salt lake located between Jordan, Israel and Palestine, and it’s one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water. Salt from the Dead Sea specifically contains a greater variety of nutrients compared to other salts. It contains 21 minerals, including magnesium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium.
Benefits of Dead Sea salt:
- Calcium, zinc and potassium increase moisture retention keeping skin soft and hydrated.
- Sulfur and other minerals are natural disinfectants with antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. They purify pores, helping to eliminate acne and detoxify the skin.
- Magnesium promotes healing to calm skin allergies, eczema and psoriasis.
- Bromide eases muscle cramps while sodium relieves stiffness.
- Iodine helps with thyroid function, bringing overall balance to the body.
How to use Dead Sea salt:
Use Dead Sea salt as a bath soak by dissolving a handful of salt into warm water and then soaking for at least 20 minutes. Take advantage of Dead Sea salt’s exfoliating properties by using a Dead Sea salt scrub every few days while in the shower.
Kentucky Soaps & Such offers two varieties of Dead Sea Salt Soak. Our lavender soak is perfect to use before bed to promote relaxation and sleep, and our eucalyptus soak can help open up the sinuses. Both lavender and eucalyptus essential oils can calm, soothe and relax. Try a bath soak and enjoy the benefits of Dead Sea salt!