March is National Pasta Month, and we want to help you celebrate! We’ve shared two of our favorite pasta recipes below so you can try making our classic Bluebird Smokehouse Pasta or Cajun Chicken Pasta at home.
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
Cajun Cream Sauce:
- 2 oz Cajun-style blackening spice
- 2 oz butter
- 4 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy cream, 40%
Chicken and Pasta:
- 2 (8 oz) chicken breasts, split
- 2 tsp Cajun-style blackening spice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 C dry penne pasta
- 1/4 C or 2 oz julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 chopped scallions
- Fresh Parmesan curls
- In a large skillet, cook spice in butter on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add flour to make a roux, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and whisk in cream.
- Reduce to desired thickness; add more stock to thin, as needed.
- Add additional Cajun seasoning to taste, to desired heat and salt level.
- In a separate skillet, preferably cast iron, sear chicken in spice with canola oil or other high-flame-point oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side until done; remove to plate to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and toss the pasta in a large skillet with the sauce, adding sundried tomato.
- Julienne the chicken and place it on top of the pasta with scallions and Parmesan curls.
We hope you enjoy these recipes. Visit us or order online at bluebirdnatural.com.