Celebrate National Pasta Month with Bluebird!
March is National Pasta Month, and we want to help you celebrate! We’ve shared two of our favorite pasta recipes below so you can try making our classic Bluebird Smokehouse Pasta or Cajun Chicken Pasta at home.
- 4 oz chicken breast
- 4 sprigs asparagus
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 4 oz chicken stock
- 4 halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz of bowtie pasta
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, reduce the chicken stock and heavy cream in a pan.
- Add in the shredded gouda cheese and salt to taste.
- Season and grill the chicken breast. Slice and set aside.
- Sautee the cherry tomatoes with the chopped bacon.
- Toss the drained bowtie pasta with chicken, tomatoes, bacon and gouda cheese sauce until coated evenly.
- Place in a bowl and top with grilled asparagus.
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
Cajun Cream Sauce:
- 2 oz Cajun-style blackening spice
- 2 oz butter
- 4 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C heavy cream, 40%
Chicken and Pasta:
- 2 (8 oz) chicken breasts, split
- 2 tsp Cajun-style blackening spice
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 C dry penne pasta
- 1/4 C or 2 oz julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 chopped scallions
- Fresh Parmesan curls
- In a large skillet, cook spice in butter on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add flour to make a roux, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and whisk in cream.
- Reduce to desired thickness; add more stock to thin, as needed.
- Add additional Cajun seasoning to taste, to desired heat and salt level.
- In a separate skillet, preferably cast iron, sear chicken in spice with canola oil or other high-flame-point oil.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side until done; remove to plate to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and toss the pasta in a large skillet with the sauce, adding sundried tomato.
- Julienne the chicken and place it on top of the pasta with scallions and Parmesan curls.
We hope you enjoy these recipes. Visit us or order online at bluebirdnatural.com.